Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Wood Carving > Chainsaw Carving
Connect with Facebook

Jerry-Rig
Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 AM

Default Looking for a supplier of logs in the barrie area?

Sorry if this is the wrong category to post in?
I'm Looking for a supplier of large diameter (say 15 inch or bigger) logs in the Barrie area? I prefer softwoods but will consider others. Any suggestions or pointers are welcome, I have a lot of ideas and cant wait to get carving the big logs! Thanks.
Loren
Old 03-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Looking for a supplier of logs in the barrie area?

Loren,
I can get us big logs that is not a problem. The problem is transport or delivery. Its the same as buying top soil you can buy it for $35.00 a yard but probably cost you $100 for the delievery. Now logs can be expesive as well and if you can get a trailer or dump truck then you still need something to load them. I am not far from you I live in Thornton give me a shout if your in the area. Colin Partridge - The Tree Spirit Carver
Colin
705 458 9418
Old 03-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Member OBCA

Loren he is also a great guy to meet. Colin just watch out for the dragon!!
Ron
www.Blindartistsociety.com
Old 03-18-2009, 03:27 PM

thank-you for the reply,
I agree 100 %, delivery and handling are the toughest parts and probably why I can't find anyone wanting to bother selling me a few logs. I have a van I can fit up to 8 foot lengths in and would drive up to Thorton in a heart beat if you could help me out. I can bring a sturdy friend to help load too. Please let me know, I am wanting to carve outdoors in this beautiful weather and would be glad to meet you.
Thanks again, Loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_Partridge View Post
Loren,
I can get us big logs that is not a problem. The problem is transport or delivery. Its the same as buying top soil you can buy it for $35.00 a yard but probably cost you $100 for the delievery. Now logs can be expesive as well and if you can get a trailer or dump truck then you still need something to load them. I am not far from you I live in Thornton give me a shout if your in the area. Colin Partridge - The Tree Spirit Carver
Colin
705 458 9418
Old 03-24-2009, 05:01 PM

Hi there Loren

I'm up in Oro/Medonte near Coldwater...I had a lot of poplar taken down last fall and there is a lot of residual butt logs and fairly large pieces still on the ground...when things dry up a little more you are more than welcome to have a look...I have a lot of large standing Eastern white cedar as well ...let me know ...S.T.