Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Wood Carving > Chainsaw Carving
Connect with Facebook

Henry Taylor Tools
Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to Rantandrave
Default Canon Carving bars -Canadians

Hi all,
There is finally a dealer available to sell Canon carving bars here in central/southern ontario. AtoZ rentals, 184 Weber St. N. Waterloo, 519-885-5590. atozrentalcentre@rogers.com
I am putting in an order this week for some bars, however if there is anyone else that may need some carving bars, then we may be able to save a little more money. If anyone is interested, contact Peter directly and just let him know that Paul sent you.

I figured I would pass this on, as I am sick of paying shipping and duty and US$ for a product that is manufactured in BC,Canada.

Take care,
Paul Frenette
Rant & Rave - Home
Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Canon Carving bars -Canadians

Thanks Paul I will drop him an email you are right it is nice to have a dealer here in Ontario. How about you we havent seen anything from you in a long time. In fact I personally havent seen you in a couple of years hope all is well with you. How is that boy of yours doing he was right into the chainsaw carving last time I saw him.
Colin
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 AM

Send a message via MSN to Rantandrave
Default Re: Canon Carving bars -Canadians

Hi Colin,
Guess I've been busy trying to keep things rolling along. I haven't been carving up a storm, working hard at the computer stuff, but have done a few nice jobs. Working on a big job at the Grey silo golf course in Waterloo just now. 30 foot Black maple tree. I am doing what I call a story tree, all about conservation. Now if only the weather would cooperate!

Hey Jake is doing good! He went to Ridgway with me again this year. He is doing pretty good. I just wish I could get him to carve at home. He likes going to the shows and helping me out on the road, but he wont leave the computer at home.

Hey if you are in the kitchener area on a fridays, let me know. I usually hang out at Fred Zavadil's studio an do a little clay modeling etc, you should drop by.

I see you have have been doing a lot of stuff. sorry I haven't had a chance to post, but looks like things are going well for you. Its kind a crazy, I work with computers all the time, but never seem to find time to get on here and post.

Always thinking of you guys, but too busy trying to keep paying the bills! Sorry I missed Robbins gathering, but but had to get some time in on the Grey silo job. Seem like every day I have off from the day job the weather is bad, so got take advantage of the good days.

Well take care. good hearing from you!

Paul
Rant & Rave - Home