Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Members and Magazines > Publisher Feedback
Connect with Facebook

Plasmacam
Publisher Feedback

Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Editorial Manager

Default Weaver Clean Carver

Several readers have contacted me asking where they can purchase the Weaver Clean Carver. (pictured in the power carving article in WCI #47)

The Weaver Clean Carver is a workstation that has a dust collector built into it - specifically designed for power carvers.

Unfortunately, the unit is no longer being manufactured. The gentleman who made these units had to stop making them due to regulations, guidelines, and safety testing that made it cost prohibitive to continue manufacturing the units. Chuck Solomon (author of the power carving article) said it has probably been 14 years since the guy made the units.

Chuck recommends the Razaire dust collector which is small and portable, but does a great job. It retails for around $325. Most woodcarving supply stores carry the Razaire system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shannon For This Useful Post:
Lazy Carver (07-15-2013)
Old 10-14-2009, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Weaver Clean Carver

I have a Weaver Clean Carver and would like to buy a replacement filter. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to get it?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:30 PM

Try Air Filters Delivered @
Air Filters Delivered - Residential, Commercial and Industrial - Buy Replacement Air Filters Online
Old 03-25-2013, 02:12 PM

I would like to build a carving station like the weaver are there any plans aviable. Thanks Ron
Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 PM

I am not aware of any plans that are available for the Weaver Clean Carver. If you find someone who has one perhaps they might sketch it (with measurements) and or take some pictures of it. This would be very helpful in constructing one. Good Luck! I haven't had any in finding one. Perhaps Darlene would help us out. There is another one out there called the (P.C. English Dust Box) I have seen the add for one in an old Wildfowl Carving Magazine. Maybe someone out there has one???

Last edited by JRutten; 03-25-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: add more, Make another addition.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Optimus Pine

It's amazing the way government works to ruin industry about, then blame greed as the underlying cause to things... Sounds like the reverberating theme today in Washington. Thanks for the 411 Shannon. I'm planning some form of dust evacuation systerm right now as i operate power tools that throw up lots of wood dust. It would also be feasible for complimenting ventilation in the space as well.

“Where those who are not artists are trying to close the book, he opens it, to show there are still more pages possible”
Robert Henri 'The Art Spirit'

http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...me/lazy-carver
The Following User Says Thank You to Lazy Carver For This Useful Post:
Shakey875 (07-20-2013)