Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Members and Magazines > Online Wood Carving Classes
Connect with Facebook

Plasmacam
Online Wood Carving Classes

Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 10:06 PM

Default Beginner Looking For A Simple Frog Pattern

I am a beginner carver looking for a simple frog pattern. My wife likes frogs so I figured I would try to make something she enjoys. For that matter any simple beginner patterns would be appreciated.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Beginner Looking For A Simple Frog Pattern

Do a google search, bet you will find more frogs than you can "jump" at
Old 05-10-2009, 12:17 PM

I don't have anything in the round but I did a relief carving of a frog sitting on a lily pad a couple of years ago. Check out this thread. If you like it PM me with your regular email address and I'll send you what I used as the pattern. It's not fancy but it worked.

A Frog Went A Courtin'
Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 PM
whooped husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by makmlost View Post
I am a beginner carver looking for a simple frog pattern. My wife likes frogs so I figured I would try to make something she enjoys. For that matter any simple beginner patterns would be appreciated.
send me a pm of your address and i will send you something that may help you we "guys" need to stick together lol........
Old 11-13-2009, 11:17 AM

Hi all, I too have been searching around for the ever elusive frog pattern tha I just might be able to carve. I am new to carving and (don't laugh), carved a mushroom for the wife (who likes mushrooms and frogs ... more the frogs though). So if anybody can help me with frog patterns then feel free to help out.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:55 PM
punquismi

am a beginner carver looking for a simple frog pattern. My wife likes frogs so I figured I would try to make something she enjoys. For that matter any simple beginner patterns would be appreciated.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo2410 View Post
Hi all, I too have been searching around for the ever elusive frog pattern tha I just might be able to carve. I am new to carving and (don't laugh), carved a mushroom for the wife (who likes mushrooms and frogs ... more the frogs though). So if anybody can help me with frog patterns then feel free to help out.
Do you ever find a frog pattern? I neve found anyting.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:42 AM

Sometimes you have to adapt a pattern to meet your needs. With this in mine you might try the following link... Slides - WJ

It's a collection of patterns for Boy Scout slides from old Boy's Life magazines but there is a pattern for a Hungry Frog slide included. I've already blown the pattern up, doubling it in size, and cut myself out two blanks leaving out the hole but I haven't had a chance yet to carve it. See if it will work for you.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Brandy

I did some frogs a few months ago. I looked up frogs on the web and found some garden pieces that worked. I then copied the picture, resized it to what I needed, and cut it out after printing. I use the cut outs as templates. It works for almost anything I want.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:39 PM
North of 49

When I needed a frog pattern, I went to the dollar store and bought a little frog that looked like what I wanted to carve. Makes life real simple. All the proportioning and thinking is already done for you.