Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Members and Magazines > Welcome Members
Connect with Facebook

Tormek
Welcome Members

Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:58 PM

Default Looking for Carver from Harlem, NY

Salutations to everyone. This is my first time, so please bear with me. Several years ago, I met a wonderful wood carver who was a vendor outside of the State Office Building on 125th Street in Harlem, New York. He did some of the most beautiful walking sticks I have ever seen. I understand that he collects the wood himself, and hails from somewhere in Pennsylvania. Last year, I once again went looking for him, but no one seems to remember his name or where he went. I undestanding that this is like looking for a needle in a hay stack, but faith makes all things possible. If anyone does know him or of him, please let me know.

Thank you (all) and happy new year!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
knot locator

Default Re: Looking for Carver from Harlem, NY

Welcome , I wish I could help you but I have no clue . There is a wide range of carvers from all over so maybe he will turn up for you . You might want to take a look at some of the carvings from this site . Pretty neat stuff here too . Good luck !
Old 01-10-2010, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Looking for Carver from Harlem, NY

Hello and welcome aboard. Best of luck on your search.

My WCI Gallery