Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Wood Carving > Carving Wood & Materials
Connect with Facebook

Plasmacam
Carving Wood & Materials

Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 PM

Default Best place to buy Basswood?

Hello guys, I have a question which is where do most of you buy Basswood? I have bought some from Woodcraft and have found since then that Smokey Mtn wood carvers have much better prices. I was wondering if any of you guys have ever dealt with them and what is the quality of wood like purchased from them?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:38 PM
WhittleBear Carver

Default Re: Best place to buy Basswood?

Go to http://www.heineckewood.com/

Tell Dale the guys at the forum sent you. He'll take your order for basswood--comes from Wisconsin--the good stuff...creamy white, or you might be able to get butternut if he has it--great stuff, great prices. He'll ship it out--you'll get it within a few days--I live in New Jersey, so it'll take a day or so more for you probably--and a week or two later you'll get a bill. Send a check back. That's it. You can't go wrong!

Bob L
Old 03-12-2008, 09:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Claude

Go back up one level in the forums to where you can see all the different forums, then scroll down the page most of the way to "Carving Wood & Materials " and click that one. There are 647 threads on where to find wood and other materials.

Claude

My Pinterest Page: Claude's Wood Carving and Beadwork

My WCI Gallery
Old 03-12-2008, 10:09 PM

Thanks Claude, dont see how I missed it.