Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Wood Carving > Relief and Chip Carving
Connect with Facebook

American Science & Surplus
Relief and Chip Carving

Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 06:36 AM
Wood Carving Pattern Make

Default FREE Celtic Animal Pattern

Talk with me directly through LSIrish.com Contact Form.

Last edited by Irish; 07-11-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:13 AM

Default Re: FREE Celtic Animal Pattern

Awesome. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:32 AM

you wouldnt have a pattern for a mass of small flowers would ya? I have looked and cant find one.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:28 PM

Hi Laura, I just wanted to join in with a huge thank you for these free patterns. As you can see, I have just used one of those patterns on the sides of a block of lime that I am making into a table lamp for my daughter as a xmas present. It still needs finishing but I am really pleased how it turned out, considering its only the second relief carving I've ever done

I was inspired to try relief carving after spotting your Mayan High Priest tutorial. So I bought the tutorial, and followed your wonderful step by step instructions. Wow - what fun! I'm hooked.

I went on to purchase your Mayan Aztec Inca Warriors Pattern Pack, and am about to start carving number 8 and 11 from that pack as a pair, as I think they would look lovely hung together on a wall.

However, I have a question.

With the Mayan High priest project, I loved how you included some history in the tutorial. You explained how project is a reproduction from the stone carving for Lord Bird Jaguar I, circa 600-900 ad, of Mexico. Ever since I read Erich von Däniken's 'Chariot of the Gods' in the late 60's when I was a wide eyed youngster, I have had a deep and abiding interest in all things and civilisations ancient. So I was wondering if any of the patterns from the warrior pack have names (particularly 8 & 11) and are inspired from or are reproductions from ancient stone carvings? I would love to look them up on Google and research them, if they are.

This is my first post on here, although I have been lurking for ages, but I just wanted to thank you. You have inspired me more than you know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg celtic-side-lampbase.jpg (26.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg MayanRelief.jpg (47.5 KB, 34 views)

Tags
free patterns, irish, relief carving