Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > FAQ > Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback
Connect with Facebook

Henry Taylor Tools
Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 12:02 PM

Default Attachment Limit?

Is there a limit to the number of attachments that a person can have on the forum? Or a maximum 'size' limit a person can have, such as 500mb each, etc?

Just curious, I've got a pattern I'd like to ask a couple questions about, but I don't want to waste the space if I'm limited.

Thanks,
TJ.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Attachment Limit?

TJ, it's best to get your pictures down to 640x480 pixels. That's "stsndard" size on most photo processors. Also JPG format handles a bit easier than bitmap (BMP).
You can also get larger pics in by right clicking on the pic in your photo processor, then click "copy".

Then in the message in the forum right click and "paste".

That will give a full size pic in your message.

Al
Old 07-05-2010, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Attachment Limit?

Thanks!

I was curious whether there is a limit to the number of pics I'm allowed to have in my personal attachment list. Some forums limit you to only 25 or 50 pictures and after that you've got to find your own source of hosting! (one forum I used to attend had a limit of 5 pictures. Even as badly as I hate dealing with pictures, I'd like to have more than five open slots. (I was told I could easily delete 'old' pictures from my attachment lists, but that would be shooting the old threads full of holes, a "here is a picture of my ___________" minus the picture of the _____________.

TJ.