Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Wood Carving > General Wood Carving
Connect with Facebook

Henry Taylor Tools
General Wood Carving

Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 10:55 AM

Default SUNCOAST WOOD CARVERS - Florida

Taking my youngest to Florida next week,will be visiting my mother as well.
I searched and found info on the Suncoast wood carvers.Has anyone out there attended one of their Tuesday Meeting or is a regular. It is always nice to know someone if you go, but most carvers will welcome anyone.

Thanks and Happy Carving!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:18 PM

Default Re: SUNCOAST WOOD CARVERS - Florida

Eddy Smiles is a full time member of that club, just do a search and then you can send him a PM. Ed is a real good person, I am sure he will help you out any way he can. Enjoy your trip.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:07 PM

They are a very welcoming group. I attended as a guest last spring and joined the group as a "snowbird" member.
Eddie Smiles was the one who extended me an invitation and I extend the same to you.
Tuesday morning 8:30 to 11:00.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:48 AM

Tom , I'm the persident of the Suncoast woodcarvers .We welcome all to join us to carve with us .As of right now we have about 35 -40 carves on Tuesday morings from 8:30 to 11am. We all carve different ,we teach ,& help each other . We carve at the Seminol Reck Center on 113th . We would love to have you . Bill
Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 PM

I've heard good things about them, but they are almost 40 miles north of here, which makes them practically Yankees. Plus, apparently they don't mind havin' Yankees around. What else kin I say?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 PM

Welcome Tom....

As "Savage" Bill <grin> said, come on by and join us. We've got a great group of guys and gals, plenty of conversation, advice, hot coffee and donuts. If we can't confuse you, no one can! We're on the second floor of the Recreation Center on the south side. The Recreation Center is right across the street from the Post Office and at the same turn off as St. Petersburg College. Looking forward to seeing you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (55.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-03-2012, 05:11 PM

It was great meeting everyone today! I had a great time and made some progress on my work.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:29 PM

Sorry I missed you Tom. I'm having my tub pulled out and a walk-in shower installed so I'm baby-sitting a house full of contractor's. With any luck at all I'll make it to carving next week.
Hope to see you then.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:59 AM

Ed, Tom was only in town for 1 week, he brought a number of his carvings, they are quite nice.

I'm back north for the summer, 32 degrees this morning, I'll see you in the fall.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 PM

Now ain't that just like me....a day late and a dollar short! Well, sorry I missed ya Tom. Maybe another time.

And thanks for filling me in Paul. I've been having my bathroom renovated. We had the tub pulled out and a walk-in shower installed. Infact, they just walked out of the house after applying grout about 15-minutes or so ago. Hopefully, we'll have use of the shower after it gets sealed and the fixtures and grab bars get installed by Sunday evening. Wow! Is it stressful having contractors back and forth through your house all day long for a week!

You take care and have a great summer! Best wishes!