Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Wood Carving > General Wood Carving
Connect with Facebook

Nicholas Woodcarving
General Wood Carving

Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2003, 11:56 AM
bmikaluk

Default Doll carving pattern

Hi!
I'm fairly new to the scene of carving. I have been carving mostly birds and boots. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get ahold of pattern for carving a Doll. I have Tom Wolfe's book, but I would like to make a more realistic looking doll than he has in the book. I would like it to be jointed. I have searched the net and cannot find a pattern.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
iluvcarving
Old 09-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Doll carving pattern

Try prowling around on this site; http://www.lotzdollpages.com/ldollmak.html

I think you'll find almost everything you need!

Al
Old 10-01-2003, 12:01 AM
bmikaluk

Default Re: Doll carving pattern

Hi Al,
Thank you for the info. I have checked Lotz site and have ordered a few books and hopefully they will have some good patterns in them. As far as I can tell Lotz does not have any of her own patterns for jointed wood dolls. She does have a some great tips for making dolls.
I will probably try and design my own pattern and use one of my old Composition dolls as a reference.
Barb