Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Wood Carving > General Wood Carving
Connect with Facebook

Zen Tool Works
General Wood Carving

Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2003, 08:43 PM

Default Chain pattern & instructions

I am looking for the instructions for carving a wooden chain, any help would be appreciated. thank you very much. ???
Old 02-07-2003, 09:01 PM
FatEddy

Default Re: Chain pattern & instructions

'Whittline and Woodcarving' by E.J. Tangerman has instructins for makeing chains and lots of other whimsies scissor, ball in cage, fans, etc. available at 'Little Shavers' 1-206-767-7421 for $8.95.

It's got a little bit of an awful lot. Will keep you whittling for a long time. Wish I'd have bought it years ago.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:46 PM

I have a pattern for a chain. e-mail me and I'll send it.
cliffordparker@yahoo.com

E.J. Tangerman's Whittling and Woodcarving was my first taste of whittling and carving and it has great pictures and patterns for a number of projects. i would reccomend it to anyone interested in learning 'whittlers tricks'; pliers, pit carving, scissors, chains, ball-in-cage, fans, ships in bottles, puzzles, etc. It also does a good job of describing tools and cuts and has a good hardness reference for woods.

Good whittlin, Cliff
Charles City, Iowa
http://cliffordparker.tripod.com
Old 02-08-2003, 11:18 AM

Check out 'Open Linked Chain' listed under Welsh Love Spoons @ www.carvingpatterns.com 8)
Old 02-10-2003, 04:34 PM

Adler's book on Love Spoons has good patterns and detailed instructions on carving chains, ball-in-cage, etc.