Welcome to the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board, an online wood carving forum community where you can join thousands of carvers from around the world discussing all things related to carving. To gain full access to the message board you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Browse over 90,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other carvers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from 3,500 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to exclusive wood carving promotions offered by Wood Carving Illustrated and Fox Chapel Publishing.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board's Support Team.

Go Back   Woodcarving Illustrated Message Board > Wood Carving > General Wood Carving
Connect with Facebook

Dale Green Woodcarving
General Wood Carving

Share Thread:
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:32 AM

Default Anyone going to the Evart MI Woodcarver 's Roundup

If anyone has gone to the Woodcarver's roundup in Evart, can I get some info. I will be an hour north of there for Wednesday and Thursday, but I'll be working during the day, and was wondering how late carving workshops/classes/etc. normally go. I know they have neat stuff for the evenings, but I don't want to drive an hour down and then back for a hot dog roast. I might go there on Friday, but since they don't publish a schedule, it is an if. This is the 7th year in a row that I haven't been able to go due to military training, how insane is that!?

thanks

Patrick Chandler
www.chandlerwoodcarving.com

http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.com/gallery/member.php?uid=2384&protype=1
Old 06-03-2009, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Anyone going to the Evart MI Woodcarver 's Roundup

Patrick, here is the website for the round up, not sure what info. is on there.
Roundup

Dave
Old 06-03-2009, 02:04 PM

Go to www.evart.org/ and it will answer your questions. You can also check out the following week, same place for the Creative Woodcarvers Seminar. It has over about 20 instructors and 300 people in attendance.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 PM

Gulf Coast Handyman and bbeery,
The info isn't on the site, I had already been there, and even emailed the contact person, to no avail. that's why I asked.

Patrick Chandler

Old 06-30-2009, 09:12 AM

I have been to the Evart Woodcarvers Roundup and their Spit-n-Whittle every year for the last 5 years. It is a marvelous place to learn anything and everything woodcarving! Technically classes end around 4:30-5:00ish...but they often come back after supper and carve some more. You can usually find folks carving up until around 8:30PM. And you will find folks carving around the campfire in the evenings. Usually at least one night there will be non-electric music night (dulcimer & folk guitar, harmonicas & violins etc) and one pot luck dinner night.

Since you missed the Evart Roundup this year, maybe you can make it to the new roundup in Bremen, Indiana - August 20-23, 2009. Same concept, we have copy-catted a lot of Sandy's ideas (with her blessing). We are calling it the 1st Annual Indiana Woodcarvers Summer Camp. Here is the webpage for that. Indiana Woodcarvers Summer Camp 2009

Carve on...and keep trying to make it to the Evart Roundup...it is wonderful!
Marcia
Old 06-30-2009, 10:46 PM

The good news is that I did make it there on my way back south from Camp Grayling. It was Thursday evening and there wasn't much going on when i was there. I did, however, take advantage of the vendors fare. I am expanding my Denny tools collection quite nicely, and it was a refreshing change to see the tools before I bought them. I really looked like alot of fun though, and I am going to make it a point to go in the future.

Sorry to say Im busy that weekend too (coincidently camping). I hope it's a smashing success. You might think about putting a map picture on the site so people can know where bremmen is. I am a recovering Hoosier, and do best with pictures

Patrick Chandler